Monday 6 March 2017

HeroPress at 100


March 8th we’ll have 100 HeroPress essays published. This seems like an auspicious time to look back at what we’ve built. Since the first one I’ve only missed maybe 2 weeks. One essay has been taken down for security reasons. Only once has anyone really stood me up, and only four times or so has anyone asked for more time at the last second. In those times someone always stepped up.
A goal of mine has always been diversity, across a number of vectors. I did pretty poorly in the first few months and ended up with diversity debt. Here are some stats as of the 100th post:
Men
Women
Americans
Non-Americans
55
44
34
66
That said, if you look at the last 50, the numbers look much more diverse:
Men
Women
Americans
Non-Americans
22
26
16
34
I have the next 8 contributors planned out, and they continue to enhance the diversity of HeroPress.
Sponsorship
Last June XWP started sponsoring HeroPress. As I’ve mentioned many times before, I’m wary of mixing money with HeroPress, because I never want to make money from the stories of these people I admire and respect so much. That said, the sponsorship makes it easier for me to spend the time away from my family working
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14514/heropress-at-100




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/heropress-at-100/

No comments:

Post a Comment