Tuesday 7 March 2017

Interview with Beka Rice of SkyVerge


You can find Beka on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with her, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
My background was in Chemistry rather than web development, so I started with WordPress as a user trying to maintain a website rather than as a developer or freelancer.
I’d used WordPress a little bit in college, but when I graduated, I was teaching high school Chemistry and coaching varsity softball. I wanted to have a way to share resources with my class, but the school websites and LMS software was really cumbersome and unintuitive, so I set up simple sites for both my classes and to share progress updates about our softball team.
Because I knew how to use WordPress, install plugin and themes, etc., when my husband was building plugins for WordPress, he would ask me to test them, use them, and write user documentation for them. Once he and his business partner were writing several new WooCommerce plugins, doing testing, documentation, and answering basic questions became my second full-time job, so I chose to leave teaching to work remotely with WordPress instead.
Q2: What should
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14530/interview-with-beka-rice-of-skyverge




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/interview-with-beka-rice-of-skyverge/

No comments:

Post a Comment