Tuesday 16 May 2017

WordPress: A Tool for Success


I was a college teacher for most of my life. When my fourth baby arrived, I gave up a travel-heavy university job and took a “mommy job” as a bookstore manager. I chose books, held teacher workshops, and read stories to children for 15 years. As the internet became important, we put up a website and I became the manager of that site. 18 months later, the bookstore’s owners went bankrupt and closed the store. My initial reaction was, “They can’t do that – we’re #2 on Google!” We’d also gone from zero ecommerce sales to $5,000 a month. We had visitors to our blog from 192 different countries. Online, we were a success. But it was 2008, and lots of small businesses were going under. Lots of people were unemployed. I was unemployed for the first time in my life.
Being #2 or even #1 on Google had a different meaning in those days, before customized search results. For me, it meant that I had become skilled with SEO and content marketing, but I figured I’d have to return to the classroom when my job ended.
“We couldn’t have done this without you,” the owner of the bookstore said. “There are other businesses
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15134/wordpress-a-tool-for-success




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/05/16/wordpress-a-tool-for-success/

No comments:

Post a Comment