Monday 14 August 2017

Interview with Charlie Livingston of aThemes


You can find Charlie on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with him, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
My background is in law, which I studied at university, and publishing, which I pursued as a career for a couple of years before deciding I wanted to do something else. That something else turned out to be wanting to do something entrepreneurial, though at the time I wasn’t sure exactly what. I had this idea that I could make money online and so I created a site with WordPress that was about the strategies I was using to try and win prizes on a penny auction site. The site became relatively popular but never really made any money (not until years later, and even then not much).
But what it did do is introduce me to WordPress. That with my non-technical background I was even able to make and edit a site at all kind of blew me away. I was using the Twenty Eleven theme and enjoyed hacking around with things like editing the header so I could add social sharing buttons to it, things like that. Doesn’t sound like much but it was a big deal to me.
I made a few more sites, none
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15863/interview-with-charlie-livingston-of-athemes




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/08/14/interview-with-charlie-livingston-of-athemes/

No comments:

Post a Comment