Tuesday 21 August 2018

Building a WordPress Website with Gutenberg: Initial Observations


If you’ve been following all the fuss regarding Gutenberg, the new WordPress editor, you know that many users have formed a very strong opinion of it. But, all the drama aside, what’s it like to actually build a website with it? As WordPress 5.0 creeps ever closer, I decided it was time to finally see what Gutenberg is capable of. While I had done a good bit of testing (perhaps better described as playing around), I hadn’t yet included the plugin version of the editor into my standard workflow.
I figured I’d start off fairly small. So, I installed Gutenberg on a brochure-style site that I’m redesigning. Below are a few thoughts on my experiences, while keeping in mind that this is still beta software that has several bugs left to iron out.
A New Way to Work
Having previously seen the Gutenberg UI, there were some basic expectations I had as to what I would be able to accomplish – things that I wouldn’t easily be able to do with the Classic editor:
Easily rearrange content
Create simple multicolumn layouts
Reuse customized content blocks in multiple places
Suffice it to say that I didn’t expect (nor want) a full-blown page builder type
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17770/building-a-wordpress-website-with-gutenberg-initial-observations



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/08/21/building-a-wordpress-website-with-gutenberg-initial-observations/

No comments:

Post a Comment