Monday 18 September 2017

Gutenberg: A Change of Vue?


If you haven’t heard the news already, Matt has decided to move Gutenberg, the new WordPress editor, off of React, over people’s reaction to the recent response from Facebook’s legal team. Some parts of Facebook’s response seem odd, but I also have no idea what the legal landscape is like for one of the largest most publicly visible companies in the world. I don’t think there is malicious intent in React’s licensing, but at the same time I think it is a wise decision from Matt to ease growing tension in the WordPress space over the use of React in Gutenberg. Any company, organization, or project that feels wary of taking on the legal uncertainty surrounding React, is a project that would no longer be able to use WordPress; an unfortunate price to pay for using React.
What’s next?
It is not clear what will be chosen as the replacement for React, and in many ways I wish React did not need to be replaced, because it is awesome. Vue seems to be the chant ringing through all channels of the WordPress community. I have been meaning to learn Vue. The recent news was the final push. After I finished up my tasks Friday, I jumped straight into Vue. It took me very little time to get Vue running,
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/16132/gutenberg-a-change-of-vue




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/09/18/gutenberg-a-change-of-vue/

No comments:

Post a Comment