Sunday 1 October 2017

From the Ground Up: Building a WordPress Business – A WordCamp Talk


“I have had all of the disadvantages required for success.” ~ Larry Ellison Starting From the Bottom
My story could have been a lot different today, had I not started from the ground up on a new plan for my life many years ago.
You see, by the time I was 23, I had traveled around the country, while in the military, then came home and slowly started losing my way in life.
At my lowest point in life, I lived with bums and dumpster divers and had even been on the brink of suicide more times that I could count on two hands.
You see, twenty years ago today, I was living on the streets and sleeping behind a Catholic Cathedral in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. I would wake up at 4:55 am every morning, just before the sprinklers turned on and throw on my shoes, then hustle down to the day labor center. Hoping to arrive before the rest of the homeless folks showed up to get the best jobs.
Back then, if you waited too long, you might get stuck with an old alcoholic or drug addict, for a partner, on a construction job, digging ditches or cleaning up hazardous materials.
Not that there’s anything wrong with digging ditches or cleaning up after someone else but homeless, alcoholic,
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/16213/from-the-ground-up-building-a-wordpress-business-a-wordcamp-talk




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/10/01/from-the-ground-up-building-a-wordpress-business-a-wordcamp-talk/

No comments:

Post a Comment