Wednesday 13 June 2018

Creating a Simpler Checkout Page in WooCommerce


When building Starfish Reviews plugin, we initially started with a WooCommerce-based solution for selling and licensing the plugin. I really didn’t like WooCommerce’s over-complicated checkout page. I wanted something simpler and more straightforward. So here’s how I got from complicated, to simple with some nice icons to help visually. While I did it with the Divi theme, most of this should work for any theme. Here is the end result: Changing the Checkout Fields
Add-on WooCommerce MailPoet 3
I wanted to help people signup for our email updates and newsletter as part of purchasing the plugin, so they could get info about new versions and such. So I installed and configured this plugin. It’s fairly straightforward. Just select the lists you want to offer and a few things and it’ll inject the signup checkbox(es) into the checkout form. You may want to use a different plugin based on the newsletter solution you’re using.
Woo Checkout Field Editor Pro
For a digital product, it’s not necessary to capture address, phone number, etc, etc. So I used this plugin to simplify the checkout fields that are available. I used it to turn off the Shipping Fields
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17519/creating-a-simpler-checkout-page-in-woocommerce



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/06/13/creating-a-simpler-checkout-page-in-woocommerce/

No comments:

Post a Comment