Wednesday 23 August 2017

Interview with Joe Howard and the Story Behind WP Buffs


You can find Joe on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with him, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
Like a lot of people in the world of WordPress, I came to it after jumping around a few different jobs. I studied mathematics and education as an undergraduate, so I went on to teach high school math for a couple years in Washington, DC Public Schools.
When I decided to transition away from that, I got involved with an early-stage SEO agency. I was brought on as the Director of Operations. While the title sounds impressive, when you’re the first employee of the company, it really just means you run around with your hair on fire doing pretty much everything.
This was a blessing in disguise though! Yes; work was pretty hectic. But I learned a ton about WordPress and building websites! We decided to use WordPress as our Content Management System of choice for a couple main reasons: it was simple enough for non-technical people (like me) to host, launch and build websites and the open-source component meant a vibrant community to get help when we got stuck.
I also got the chance to learn
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15940/interview-with-joe-howard-and-the-story-behind-wp-buffs




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/08/23/interview-with-joe-howard-and-the-story-behind-wp-buffs/

No comments:

Post a Comment