Sunday 20 August 2017

Random Thoughts on…WordPress?


I wasn’t sure how to title this one. I went to the WordPress NYC "Help Desk" meet-up on Wednesday and learned a lot about things users of WordPress are struggling with. So I guess in some ways it is random thoughts on me learning more. The biggest thing people struggle with is themes they bought off Theme Forest. Most of them are hard to configure and include so many damn options that it’s easy to screw up a site and get lost trying to fix it.
One of the worst parts of these themes is that when there is an issue, I can’t just open up the source from everywhere in the world and trouble shoot. If they used themes from WordPress.org, I could help them.
The first question someone asked me about related to Gutenberg. People are paying attention to it. I don’t know if this is a good or a bad thing.
I was referred to as a WordPress Celebrity and it was a bit off putting. The people that make and contribute to WordPress are just people. Some of us have the privilege of contributing to WordPress. Others have the privilege of maintaining WordPress. But both come from points of privilege as they require time, energy, and money (for a computer, internet access, etc.), but ultimately we
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15852/random-thoughts-on-wordpress




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/random-thoughts-onwordpress-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment