Tuesday 12 September 2017

WordPress.com Usability Issues


Every few month I need to use WordPress.com to create or update a site for a friend. And every time I get frustrated with how confusing and convoluted the user interface is. “Reader” is the default homepage
WordPress.com is about publishing so why do I get to see the empty “Reader” as my homepage? Getting to the actual site dashboard requires an additional click or even more if the site is not your default site.
Adding a new site is impossible
For logged-in users the only link to adding a new site is grayed out and hidden in the bottom left corner of the “Switch Site” section. I tried everything from visiting the homepage, my profile page to manually entering random URLs such as wordpress.com/new before I found that link.
Custom domain email settings don’t include MX records
The “Email” tab of the domain settings includes only an upsell for the Google Apps. Adding the MX records for an existing account is only possible under the individual domain “DNS Records” which is another three clicks away. Why not link to that section from the “Email” tab, too?
Overwhelming upsells
I already pay for a custom domain and
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/16094/wordpress-com-usability-issues




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/09/12/wordpress-com-usability-issues/

No comments:

Post a Comment