Wednesday 14 February 2018

“WordPress Security Solutions Are Still Inaccessible” – French “Mister Security”


Julio Potier is a prominent figure in the WordPress security scene. Based in France, he developed SecuPress, a plugin that makes securing WordPress websites easy. He also co-founded WP Media, the company behind popular Plugins such as WP Rocket and Imagify. Julio, thank you for agreeing to do this interview. Let’s start by getting to know a little bit about you. Tell us about your educational and professional background?
Thank you, Kobe, for the invitation! Well, I have been involved in computer science since I was a kid. I did my first courses in computer network and hardware maintenance back in 1999. Then, I started developing my first HTML pages in 2000, got started with PHP in 2001, did my first web security oriented stuff in 2002 and finally Delphi programs, in 2004. In 2008, I was recruited by a company selling the worldwide number one retail store software, where I worked until 2011. In 2010 I started my own business as a freelancer, creating, selling and securing existing websites and plugins, only on WordPress of course.
How did you become interested in web security?
Back in 2001, when I got started building PHP pages at the age of 22, my first pages were not secure,
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17099/wordpress-security-solutions-are-still-inaccessible-french-mister-security



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/02/14/wordpress-security-solutions-are-still-inaccessible-french-mister-security/

No comments:

Post a Comment