Sunday 25 September 2016

Introducing CEM CLI | Move From cPanel to EasyEngine With Ease


TL;DR: CEM CLI is a cPanel to EasyEngine Migration CLI. It’s quite new at the moment and is meant to automate bits of the repetitive tasks that one has to go through while migrating their sites from a cPanel based shared hosting (with no SSH access) to an EasyEngine based rented self-managed VPS. I Love Automation — Workflow Optimist!
I had a few small low-traffic sites sitting on a shared hosting account with cPanel (no SSH access) for quite some time now. I have been meaning to transfer them to a self-managed cloud but it’s hard to find enough time these days.
Anywho, I have tried EasyEngine script (built by rtCamp) in the past and I liked everything about it. So, I ended up building a migration CLI which BTW can also be used as a command line tool to build a staging website for a website you host on a shared server.
I am an end to end product developer. Three years ago, I started to pick up on what we call DevOps.
DevOps (a clipped compound of development and operations) is a culture, movement or practice that emphasizes the collaboration and communication of both software developers and other information-technology (IT) professionals while automating the process
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13463/introducing-cem-cli-move-from-cpanel-to-easyengine-with-ease




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/introducing-cem-cli-move-from-cpanel-to-easyengine-with-ease/

No comments:

Post a Comment