Thursday 29 September 2016

WP Test To Become First Post Status Labs Project


WP Test is a micro-site previously run by Michael Novotny, initially with the aim of providing theme unit test data for WordPress sites. It was one of the first efforts of its kind, and is still quite popular. It’s home is WPTest.io, and thankfully that trendy tld is still trendy. Founded in 2013, WP Test hasn’t had too many updates since 2014. It’s still very useful data that you can download and import to your development site, and use the data to test all the weird content people might throw at your theme. But it needed a new home and some new attention, as Michael isn’t focusing as much on WordPress these days.
I acquired WP Test from Michael last week. Acquired is a strong word. He was ready to hand it over to someone, I was connected to him from my friend Tom McFarlin. I paid him $100 for his time to help me transition the site, plus the re-registration cost of the domain during transfer. So WP Test is now my play-toy and I think it’s a great fit for Post Status.
I have a lot of ideas for updating current test data, and adding many new awesome tests for folks to take advantage of. If you visit WPTest.io you’ll notice a very Post Status-esque
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13500/wp-test-to-become-first-post-status-labs-project




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/09/29/wp-test-to-become-first-post-status-labs-project/

No comments:

Post a Comment