Wednesday 22 March 2017

A quick interview with Shawn Hesketh (WP101)


Hi could you tell us a little about yourself and background? My name is Shawn Hesketh, and I’m the creator of the WordPress 101 video tutorial series for beginners. Before I launched WP101.com, I was a freelance designer for 26 years, creating identity systems and branding strategies for my clients in and around the Houston area.
When did you first stumble upon WordPress?
I started designing websites in 1994, using designer-friendly tools like Adobe PageMill. As my skills and the complexity of my clients’ sites increased, I began using Dreamweaver and coding sites in PHP. But by the mid-2000s, clients began to request the ability to edit their own content without hiring a ‘webmaster’ for every tiny change. I explored all the popular content management solutions at the time, but they were clunky and quite difficult to use. So I was overjoyed when I finally discovered WordPress 2.0 in June 2006. Compared to Joomla, Drupal, and Expression Engine, I found the WordPress UI to be super-intuitive, and thankfully, so did my clients. So I began recommending WordPress for nearly all my web design projects, and have never looked back.
What product / website of yours are
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14667/a-quick-interview-with-shawn-hesketh-wp101




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/a-quick-interview-with-shawn-hesketh-wp101/

No comments:

Post a Comment