Wednesday 29 March 2017

I’m Petya, Senior PM at Human Made & Polyglots community lead, AMA!


Hey everyone, excited to be here to chat today. This is me in a nutshell:

I’m Bulgarian who’s rarely home. In the past 2 years I’ve been moving around the globe a lot trying to help Human Made with big media enterprise clients as a Senior PM, organising WordPress events and professional development conferences around the WordPress REST API (A Day of REST).

My background is in publishing, marketing and PR. I was brought up professionally in the basement (IT department) of the biggest business media publisher in my country Economedia by passionate people who also cared about Free Software. I care deeply about quality journalism and digital media.

I got involved with WordPress in 2011 when I became a translation editor for Bulgarian. But my real journey started after WordCamp Europe 2013 in Leiden, where I was a volunteer and met the global community for the first time. I’ve been in love with WordPress ever since and that one WordCamp was followed by a rollercoaster of events that brought me here today:

– I applied to host WCEU 2014 with 4 other awesome people from Sofia. Won the pitch. Hosted the event which was a blast.
– I attended the Community summit in SF where I was given the responsibility of leading the Polyglots community alongside Dominik Schilling who’s our tech lead
– Got a job at Human Made ❤️ and started working on client projects and traveling across Europe to speak at events and get to know the community. Spoke at 10 WordCamps in 2015 and made a lot of friends.
– Helped organise WCEU 2015 and was nominated and selected to lead the 2016 organising team in Vienna.
– Organised two Global WordPress Translation Days in 2016 – remote contributor days dedicated to localizing WordPress which helped the Polyglots team get closer and kick started many local communities around Asia

These days I’m focusing on client work and events at Human Made, growing the Polyglots team, helping the WCEU team select the host for 2018 and a small passion project – organising more WordPress workshops for kids at WordCamps around the world.

I love live music, go to a lot of festivals, climb and kill for chocolate and carrot cake.

Ask me anything!
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14726/i-m-petya-senior-pm-at-human-made-polyglots-community-lead-ama




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/im-petya-senior-pm-at-human-made-polyglots-community-lead-ama/

No comments:

Post a Comment