Tuesday 8 August 2017

Discovering Gutenberg and next steps


It’s easy to look at Gutenberg and think it’s done, but it’s not and that makes it even more incredible to think. The layers, complexities, the many, many details that have gone in so far are incredible. This project has moved so fast. Those on the team are all amazing and have worked tirelessly. Yet, it’s hard for anyone to keep up and that’s a lot of the motivation behind this post. I am lucky enough to be coming into the project to help lead the design. I’m honoured, thrilled and all sorts of excitement about it. I don’t take the task lightly either. I’ve been spending some time trying to dive a little deeper and to really get to know things. It’s vast, it’s an easy thing to say ‘let’s make a better editor’, but all the pieces that impacts add up.
I wanted to share some of my thoughts as I have been discovering more of the project, diving deeper.
The project isn’t finished. The goal now is for a vision complete, technically sound state. All the ideas are there but the polish, some flows and flourishes are not.
Some features that aren’t in Gutenberg aren’t missed because the team don’t
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15812/discovering-gutenberg-and-next-steps




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/08/08/discovering-gutenberg-and-next-steps/

No comments:

Post a Comment