Tuesday 15 August 2017

How can I sell my WordPress theme (without marketplaces)?


I sold premium themes from my own site for several years, I highly recommend it over using a marketplace. It takes longer to build your brand, but you are in full control.
Go after a niche
If you are going to start a new shop I’d recommend going after a niche. The theme business is over saturated, and it’s hard to make money. It will be easier if you go after a niche (Photographers, Restaurants, eCommerce shops, etc.) because you will have less competition and more focus.
Start a blog
Start a blog and begin writing about your niche. For example, if you are going after Photography, write articles about how to create a Photography website, Photography themes and plugins, etc.
Create free or upsell themes
Creating free themes and distributing them on wp.org is a great way to get more people to know about you.
You can create free themes or upsell themes, either way it can drive traffic to your site and create more brand recognition.
Use EDD
I’d recommend creating a WordPress site and installing Easy Digital Downloads (free). You can use their software licensing add-on to allow automatic updates to your customers. WooCommerce does not work as well for selling themes and
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15868/how-can-i-sell-my-wordpress-theme-without-marketplaces




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/how-can-i-sell-my-wordpress-theme-without-marketplaces/

No comments:

Post a Comment