Friday 17 November 2017

Configuring Webpack in WordPress for the First Time


Adding Webpack in your WordPress plugin or theme might feel scary. I stepped out from my comfort zone while working on a new plugin. Since that plugin might be using React or Vue in a future version, I wanted to have Babel and similar there. In this tutorial, I will show you the steps I used to configure Webpack in WordPress for my first time. Since this is my first Webpack configuration, it may lack some of the useful plugins and scripts. If you think I should include something, you’re welcome to comment that at the end of this tutorial.
Getting Started with Webpack
To get started using Webpack, you must first install the pre-requisites. If you don’t have Node.js installed, go to the website and follow the install instructions. It will take you a few minutes of your time.
That’s it! Now we can move on. Just check npm -v if you have that there. If not, you might want to restart your computer. But in general, you should only quite and re-open the terminal (command line).
Since I have set this for my own plugin, I will talk about my plugin folder. For your own WordPress products, the only things that you will have to change is the path to your JavaScript or CSS (theme
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/16639/configuring-webpack-in-wordpress-for-the-first-time




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/11/17/configuring-webpack-in-wordpress-for-the-first-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment