Friday 14 December 2018

WordCamp US 2018 Recap: A Reminder of a Great Community


This year has seemingly been a tumultuous one in the WordPress community. Gutenberg and WordPress 5.0’s release cycle have caused tensions to run high. Opinions fly with reckless abandon – my own included. As many of us gathered in Nashville for the annual national conference, there was some worry that these tensions would hang over WordCamp US like a dark cloud. I’m happy to say that in my experience, that wasn’t an issue. And further, this year’s WordCamp US has been the best one yet. Here’s why. A Family Reunion
I always have fun at WordCamp US – I look forward to it because it feels like a family reunion to me. I show up and I know a large number of folks, many of whom I haven’t seen in months. It lets me catch up with those people in real life, not behind a screen, and talk.
As an extrovert, this fuels me.
I Met a Lot a Great People
I also got to meet a lot of people this year, which is always fun. This is the second year of self-employment for me, and it feels right. I’m not quite sure how to word it, but frequently over those several days, people came up to me and told me how impactful my work has been for them. This is the
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18211/wordcamp-us-2018-recap-a-reminder-of-a-great-community



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/wordcamp-us-2018-recap-a-reminder-of-a-great-community/

No comments:

Post a Comment