Wednesday 21 September 2016

Growing Up With WordPress


Hey gang, I’m Sophia DeRosia, I’m 14 years old, I’m homeschooled, and I’m here to tell you my WordPress story. I grew up with WordPress. My entire life my dad, Topher DeRosia, worked with WordPress. At one point a couple years ago he tried to convince me to create a blog, and I had originally said no, but maybe a year or two later Erin Go Blog was born and I started my long journey with WordPress.
My first WordCamp was in Grand Rapids and my family had decided to help out with it. It was awesome, we did that twice and attended once. I believe my first WordCamp that I attended was actually in Chicago which was also, yes, awesome. I met a lot of great people there, they all made me feel welcome even though I was only eleven or twelve at the time.
I have NEVER felt like people in WordPress talk down to me or think of me as a five year old just because I’m a kid.
Last night my mom was asking me some questions for this essay and one of them was “How has WordPress changed you?” And that one took me a minute to answer. I didn’t really know how WordPress itself had changed me, but then I thought about the people I had met, those who have taught
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13442/growing-up-with-wordpress




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/09/21/growing-up-with-wordpress/

No comments:

Post a Comment