Sunday 12 November 2017

Interview with Devin Walker of GiveWP


You can find Devin on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with him, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
When I graduated college from the University of Arizona (Go Wildcats!) I started working in IT at a large corporation. The company I worked for had me working on a lot of Microsoft SharePoint administration and management tasks like building out the company-wide intranet and also helping to expand the system to a customer-facing portal. The work was fun and challenging but I found working with .NET and MS technologies frustrating and difficult. The good thing about it though is it did introduce me to the world of content management systems and piqued my curiosity to see what else was out there.
My first experience in the world of open source world was with Mambo, which eventually would eventually become Joomla. I really liked the simplicity of the platform when compared to SharePoint and how it was free to use. This concept was entirely new to me at the time coming from the world of proprietary MS licensing. Mambo eventually led me to tinkering with Joomla and Drupal and eventually I
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/16585/interview-with-devin-walker-of-givewp




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/11/12/interview-with-devin-walker-of-givewp/

No comments:

Post a Comment