Sunday 17 December 2017

The cost of the Gutenberg transition for small WordPress businesses


I’ve been watching the development of Gutenberg closely since June 2017, it was when I noticed that it’s going to be so much more than just an improved editor. I’ve also been a vocal critic of the Gutenberg introduction since then. This is not because I don’t like the idea behind Gutenberg or because I’m against it. For the record, I actually like Gutenberg in its current state and I can see how it’s opening up many new possibilities for WordPress. However, what I don’t like is how Gutenberg has been introduced (unclear roadmap, vague information, missing details, etc…) and especially not how fast it’s being introduced. I’ve often heard that Gutenberg needs to be introduced quickly because WordPress has a problem with the competition. I’ve even read that in a year or two WordPress will be irrelevant if Gutenberg won’t be included soon. To be honest, I don’t agree with these theories.
I may be completely wrong, but I don’t see that WordPress (at least not the open-source project) will have a problem with the competition soon. It’s dominating the CMS market with a whopping 60% market share and round
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/16829/the-cost-of-the-gutenberg-transition-for-small-wordpress-businesses




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/the-cost-of-the-gutenberg-transition-for-small-wordpress-businesses/

No comments:

Post a Comment