Thursday 7 February 2019

Building a WordPress Theme: Things to Consider in 2019 (And Beyond)


WebDevStudios (WDS) is working to improve our theme framework wd_s based on Automattic’s _s; although at this point, it’s resemblance is only vaguely similar. WDS is dedicated to keeping up to date with the web development industry and making educated decisions about which new things to pursue and which to ignore (for now). In my private time, I’ve been building a starter theme from scratch to better educate myself about what is required by WordPress to build a theme-repo-approved theme but also to make my own informed decisions based on what others are doing, how people typically use the internet, and what of WordPress core feels antiquated.
I started writing this blog post to try and build a custom theme from scratch, but that proved too problematic for a few reasons. The time commitment wasn’t small. Any theme I built would require more than just one blog post and there’s a world of information out there to help you on your way already. Also, before any opinionated decisions had been made, the outcome was essentially any other theme out there already. The biggest reasons I thought I’d circle back and rethink this post was because a lot of those
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18365/building-a-wordpress-theme-things-to-consider-in-2019-and-beyond



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/02/07/building-a-wordpress-theme-things-to-consider-in-2019-and-beyond/

No comments:

Post a Comment