Wednesday 27 February 2019

How to move domain without losing SEO or subscription payments


I recently rebranded this website, moving from one domain to a new domain. In doing so, I had three major concerns: I’d lose all the SEO value I’d built up over the years for the previous domain – and therefore all the traffic I get from search
I’d no longer be able to collect recurring payments for plugins purchased from the site on the old domain
Users would not be able to get automatic updates for new versions of products
This is a step-by-step account of everything I did to ensure that my worst fears weren’t realised.
Why move a site from one domain to another?
In my case, I was rebranding my business from WordPress themes and plugins to one that was focused on just plugins. For this reason, it didn’t make sense to use the old name (Catapult Themes) or the old domain name (catapultthemes.com). So I felt that a move to a new domain was unavoidable.
Essential reading before you make the leap
Maintaining your position in search results
Initially, I wasn’t certain whether it was even possible to move a domain and keep all the SERPs. As it turned out, Google have a process for exactly this. The change of address tool allows you to notify Google
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18401/how-to-move-domain-without-losing-seo-or-subscription-payments



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/02/27/how-to-move-domain-without-losing-seo-or-subscription-payments/

No comments:

Post a Comment