Wednesday 6 February 2019

Tying ROI to Conferences – Joe Casabona


As I start to plan my travel for 2019 (something I should have done in December), I’m thinking a lot about where I want to spend my time and money, and what will be the best for my bottom line. In general I try to tie real, tangible dollars to the conference I go to (in most cases). Because I’m using my own money, while education is a good metric for attending a conference, my goal is to recoup at least some of the cost. Here’s how I do that. First, let me say that this model might not be for everyone, but if you’re paying your own way, I think it’s important to determine what makes spending the money a win for you. With conferences like An Event Apart or Podcast Movement, what you learn can definitely be the ROI, because you take what you learn and apply it to your business, making you more profitable. For me, I measure success 3 different ways:
What I learn
Who I meet
Direct deals that happen as a result of me going to the conference
Let’s break these down.
What I Learn
If I’m going to sessions, I make sure I get some tangible, actionable advice from them. I take notes, ask questions, and when I can, I talk to the presenter. This requires
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18361/tying-roi-to-conferences-joe-casabona



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/02/06/tying-roi-to-conferences-joe-casabona/

No comments:

Post a Comment