Wednesday 6 February 2019

How To: Include Custom Fields in WordPress Permalinks


Take a look at the WordPress Talks section of my site. On that section I generally list all the public talks I’ve done. Some have videos, some just have a slide and a brief introduction. I use this to remember what I’ve said and where. It isn’t wholly complete – a few talks have been missed off, but overall it’s a good record of my talks. However, you may notice I do tend to repeat talks. That’s fine – contrary to WordPress guidelines, I’ve no problem giving the same talk in a few locations. Even so, I do try and update the presentation occasionally with new information, or when a new question comes to light.
This can lead to a problem, as sometimes the URL structure is not exactly the best – often the title doesn’t change and having [talk-name]-2/3/4/5 as a talk isn’t too great. I’m not expecting a huge SEO boost, but my theory is that with the meetup location in the title as well as the date, I may attract a few people searching for the talk and long tail searches for the date/location. That’s the plan anyway.
Adding it to the URL is a quick and easy process. However, I’d like to make it even quicker
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18359/how-to-include-custom-fields-in-wordpress-permalinks



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/02/06/how-to-include-custom-fields-in-wordpress-permalinks/

No comments:

Post a Comment