Tuesday 7 March 2017

Introducing WP Image Processing Queue – On‑the‑Fly Image Processing Done Right


I’ve been bugging core contributors and plugin authors about background processing for a year and half now. To the point where Krogsgard even made fun of me for it at the WordCamp EU after party. “There goes Brad, talking about background processing again.” He was joking, but it’s true. Clearly I think it’s an important subject, but I was surprised to realize that I haven’t talked about it at all on this blog. Ash wrote about background processing just over a year ago. He presented an awesome library that he coded for WP Offload S3 and released it as a standalone library on GitHub for others to use. I wasn’t the only one who was impressed. WooCommerce and Ninja Forms are using it as well.
The library is great, but I realized there was a problem. If each theme/plugin implements their own background processing queue instead of sharing one queue, we could end up running a bunch of jobs at the same time and impacting server performance. As more and more themes/plugins start to do their own background processing (whether they use this library or do their own thing), the bigger this problem is going to get.
I think the best solution is to get background
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14531/introducing-wp-image-processing-queue-on-the-fly-image-processing-done-right




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/introducing-wp-image-processing-queue-on%e2%80%91the%e2%80%91fly-image-processing-done-right/

No comments:

Post a Comment