Friday 23 June 2017

Gutenberg With A Screen Reader: Initial Thoughts And Reactions


Last weekend, during WordCamp Europe, Matt Mullenweg announced that Gutenberg, (the upcoming WordPress editor that will replace TinyMCE as well as become integrated into the WordPress customization experience), is now available for downloading and testing. So of course people have started playing with it, and Aaron Jorbin issued the following challenge on Twitter today. I broke my own cardinal rule and installed this on a live site, because I need content to play with. I’ll start with the good first. I appear to be able to add blocks and move them around using the visual editor part and a screen reader. Now for the not so good.
I can type a post title, but I have to add a block just to start typing text. I can see myself switching to text when this goes live, because writing a post like this is turning out to be incredibly inefficient, cumbersome even, and I’m not sure if that’s because I’m just used to writing HTML and can do that in my sleep and so I don’t use WYSIWYG editors, or if it’s because of the software, or both. I’m also not sure if paragraphs are supposed to be in their own separate blocks although I suppose if you’re going to be moving them around, they probably should
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15401/gutenberg-with-a-screen-reader-initial-thoughts-and-reactions




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/06/24/gutenberg-with-a-screen-reader-initial-thoughts-and-reactions/

No comments:

Post a Comment