Wednesday 28 June 2017

Why Gutenberg?


At WordCamp Europe 2017, Matt Mullenweg, co-founder of the WordPress open source project, announced that Gutenberg was available as a plugin for testing. In the past few weeks, members of the community have published their experiences with the new editor. Some of the reviews I’ve read so far include: A First Look at Gutenberg Editor for WordPress: Mixed Opinions
There is one review in particular that has piqued my interest. Adrian Roselli not only shares his first impressions of Gutenberg, but also asks a couple of important questions and raises some interesting points:
When I first heard about Gutenberg, I asked some people at WordCamp London and later at WordCamp Europe who had requested it. Remembering that WordCamp is open source, I then re-jiggered my question and asked what problem it was trying to solve.
Of the people I asked, I do not know who was a contributor. The answer I overwhelmingly got back was that Matt wanted it.
There are two things that concern me about Roselli’s statement. The first is that I have a few quirks with the current editor but I don’t often use short codes, custom HTML, or use custom embed codes. Thinking about what problems Gutenberg
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15431/why-gutenberg




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/06/29/why-gutenberg/

No comments:

Post a Comment