Thursday 29 June 2017

Questions & Concerns From My First Impression of the WordPress Gutenberg Editor


The new Gutenberg Editor, which is slated for inclusion in WordPress 5.0, aims to dramatically improve the editor experience in WordPress by adding easy-to-use, dynamic content blocks. While beautiful, and definitely something I could see myself creating content in, I worry about what the new editor could mean for the future of WordPress. WordPress as a Content Management System (CMS) originated as a blogging platform but has grown far beyond that, today dominating 28 percent of the entire internet. In a post sharing his first experience with the Gutenberg Editor, Chris Lema asks an important question: “Didn’t we want to tell the world that WordPress was more than just for bloggers?”
I use WordPress mainly for ecommerce these days, and most of the WordPress users I speak to use WordPress for their business site or as a way to build a unique application function by cobbling together plugins and a little bit of custom code. More often, they are building a site like this for a client.
I thought that’s what WordPress had become. I thought it has become a complex, highly customizable CMS. The Gutenberg project isn’t halting this progress necessarily, but it
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15438/questions-concerns-from-my-first-impression-of-the-wordpress-gutenberg-editor




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/06/29/questions-concerns-from-my-first-impression-of-the-wordpress-gutenberg-editor/

No comments:

Post a Comment