Tuesday 20 June 2017

Interview with James Kemp of Iconic


You can find James on Twitter, CodeCanyon, and Github. This is our recent interview with him, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
In 2009 I got a job at a web design agency in Leicestershire, UK. WordPress had just begun filtering its way into the company and it wasn’t long before I started building websites using it. It was like nothing I’d used before; so simple to build themes (compared to Magento, which was our go to CMS/eCommerce solution at the time), plus, intuitive to manage as an admin user. I was hooked.
I soon became one of the go to employees for all things WordPress, including running a couple of workshops for the company and its employees.
As I mentioned, we were big advocates of Magento. This led to me creating my first WordPress plugin; a Magento WordPress integration. I eventually monetised that project and sold it off to another developer.
Q2: What should readers know about all the stuff you’re doing in WordPress these days?
Over time, it became clear that WooCommerce was going to be huge. I’d built a number of sites using the platform, and also created a few
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15350/interview-with-james-kemp-of-iconic




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/interview-with-james-kemp-of-iconic/

No comments:

Post a Comment