Friday 21 October 2016

25 Things I Learnt as an Organizer of WordCamp Nashik 2016


I was one of the proud organizers of WordCamp Nashik 2016 (link) happened on 16’th October this year. This was my first WordCamp as an organizer and it was also the inaugural WordCamp for the Wine Capital of India i.e. Nashik. It took more than a year (yes, you read it correct) to plan and execute this event as I still remember our first meeting to discuss about the same. This complete year was full of learnings, meeting new people and making new friends. In the process of building a WordPress community in a Tier-III city of India and executing one of the best WordCamps in India so far (as many attendees are saying so), here are few things I learnt. With this list, I just want to help people who are willing to organize a WordCamp in their city, so that they can execute the event as smoothly as possible.
Important Things I Learnt as an Organizer of WordCamp Nashik 2016
Here are few important learning and highlights from my experience from organizing one of the best WordCamp in India till date.
Focus on building a WordPress Community at Local level rather than just preparing for an event. Community of enthusiasts can execute the event, but event can not build the community.
Have
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13685/25-things-i-learnt-as-an-organizer-of-wordcamp-nashik-2016




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/25-things-i-learnt-as-an-organizer-of-wordcamp-nashik-2016/

No comments:

Post a Comment