Monday 24 October 2016

ROI and WordCamps: Getting the most for your Money


My recent trip to Italy was one of the best I have ever taken. Newly wed, in a country I’ve always wanted to visit, and one that has a deep history for both the country and my family. It was incredible. We saw amazing landmarks, ate delicious food, and shopped – it was sensory overload in the best way! But I also saw something else: street vendors, peddling goods, trying to grab the attention of anyone who walks by. On hot days, they will have water; when it rains, the umbrellas and ponchos come out. On face value, it doesn’t seem so bad, right? They are possibly fulfilling a need for people on the street; I bought an umbrella from one of them when it was raining. But the problem isn’t that they are selling the items. The problem is two-fold: there are lots of people selling, and they are vying for the attention of lots of distracted people. It reminded me of something else: vendor booths at WordCamps.
WordCamp Needs Sponsors
Don’t get me wrong! Sponsors are so important to WordCamps. As the organizer of one in 2015, I can say that it would not have happened without the financial support of my sponsors. I also understand that many sponsors don’t do
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13688/roi-and-wordcamps-getting-the-most-for-your-money




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/roi-and-wordcamps-getting-the-most-for-your-money/

No comments:

Post a Comment