Thursday 10 August 2017

Five Ways I’d Like To Be Proven Wrong About Gutenberg – Caldera Forms


I love WordPress, and I think that the proposed “Gutenberg” editor for WordPress 5.0 is very cool, but like many, I have a lot of concerns with it. When I wrote a post for Torque in June ago, I was pretty critical of early beta. When I was working on the post I asked my friend Matt from Give to review the post and he disagreed. In our conversation, I kept saying, “I want to be wrong.” I want to be wrong about Gutenberg.
WordPress is everything to me. If it were not for randomly deciding to write a blog and realizing what I could do if I moved my WordPress.com site to self-hosted and then being taught to be a PHP and JavaScript developer by this amazing community, I wouldn’t have a career, the amazing friends, or vast collection of WordCamp t-shirts that I have today.
In my post for Torque, I said I was very worried about what the intent and design priorities of Gutenberg meant for the future of WordPress. I’ve had a lot of conversations about this that go to bad places and again, I want to be wrong. So, here are my top 5 ways I want to be proven wrong about Gutenberg.
I recently recorded a discussion about this with Matt, along with <a href=”https://twitter.com/kevinwhoffman”>Kevin
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15835/five-ways-i-d-like-to-be-proven-wrong-about-gutenberg-caldera-forms




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/08/10/five-ways-id-like-to-be-proven-wrong-about-gutenberg-caldera-forms/

No comments:

Post a Comment