Thursday 10 August 2017

ProteusThemes’ Story – Making $16,000/mo


Hello! What’s your background, and what are you working on? Hi, my name is Primož Cigler.
My co-founder Jaka Šmid and I run ProteusThemes, a theme shop for niche, local business WordPress themes. Our clients are people who build and maintain WordPress-based websites for small- to medium-sized businesses.
Today, ProteusThemes is making around $16,000 per month, but it has been a chaotic roller coaster for the last 4 years. We were hitting over $40,000 per month as early as 2013, but changes in the industry pushed us back to where we are today.
Nevertheless, the foundations are now stronger than they were when we experienced those revenue highs.
What motivated you to get started with ProteusThemes?
ProteusThemes goes back to August 2012. I was just about to enter my last year of study of astrophysics, so I had some spare time, and I was ready to start a new side project.
I’ve always been a better engineer than a designer, so I emailed Jaka (whom I met on a local webmaster forum) requesting that we join forces to create a WordPress theme and sell it as a digital product. He was interested. I still occasionally look at that email with lots of joy and nostalgia. We were students with
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15832/proteusthemes-story-making-16-000-mo




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/08/10/proteusthemes-story-making-16000mo/

No comments:

Post a Comment