Wednesday 10 January 2018

2017 in review – Pippins Plugins


As is my tradition at the end of each year, I’d like to share experiences, failures, and successes from 2017. Previous year in review posts: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012.
Personal
From a personal perspective, there’s a number of things from 2017 I’d like to share, including accomplishments and challenges.
Moving to a new home in the Kansas Sandhills
Of everything that happened in 2017, there is one single highlight on the personal side of things: getting acreage outside of my city. In June, my wife and I noticed a property for sale three miles north of Hutchinson, KS, where we live. It had 11 acres comprised of woods, tall grass prairie, and plum thickets. Aside from a number of Cedar trees (an invasive species), the property was mostly pristine Kansas Sandhills that had never (to our knowledge) been farmed.
I grew up unschooled on an apple orchard my parents operated and the property included about 100 acres of trees and open prairie. I have longed to be back in the country away from the city ever since I moved away from my parents’ home. I consider my time growing up, free to be a wild child, some of the most important and formative years of my life and I want
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/16916/2017-in-review-pippins-plugins




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/01/10/2017-in-review-pippins-plugins/

No comments:

Post a Comment