Thursday 25 January 2018

Kinsta Kingpin: Interview with Raelene Morey


You can find Raelene on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with her, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
As a teenager, I loved building websites. Not for any particular purpose, I just loved learning HTML and CSS and seeing what I could create. I built so many sites – I was good at starting them but always abandoned them when new ideas came to mind and I wanted to build something better. When it came time to choose what I wanted to study at university, I was torn between pursuing a career in writing (I’d always loved writing stories) and following my love of technology. So I chose both – I majored in journalism and computer science.
After graduating, I worked as a newspaper journalist, which I absolutely loved. Meeting people and writing their stories for a living – I was living the dream. In my spare time, I continued working on websites. Mostly sites for community groups and friends. By that time, I’d moved on from Geocities and Blogspot and had started using WordPress, mostly because it was easy to customize and I could set up self-hosted sites with little
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/16995/kinsta-kingpin-interview-with-raelene-morey



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/kinsta-kingpin-interview-with-raelene-morey/

No comments:

Post a Comment