Monday 28 November 2016

Create a Delayed Admin Notice in your Free Plugins


Nudging your free users to donate to your free code is a GOOD idea. But you have to do it right. Do it right with this easy "Delayed Admin Notice" library. I built a tool called “Delayed Admin Notice” which allows you to trigger an admin notice a certain number of days after a user activates your plugin. My purpose was to encourage my free plugin users to know that they can review my plugin and/or donate to its development. But admin notices can be obnoxious too, that’s why this one is a bit opinionated.
In the words of the WordPress Plugin Guidelines:
Users prefer and expect plugins to feel like part of WordPress. Constant nags and overwhelming the admin dashboard with unnecessary alerts detract from this experience.
I think when done well, admin notices can benefit a plugin or theme author while still being useful and informative for the user. That’s a win-win in my book. Here’s the keys to making that happen though.
Principles of Respectful Admin Notices
I believe that Admin notices have to always have the end-user in mind. These are some principles I kept in mind when I developed this little library
The admin notice should only appear at the
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13911/create-a-delayed-admin-notice-in-your-free-plugins




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/create-a-delayed-admin-notice-in-your-free-plugins/

No comments:

Post a Comment