Thursday 24 November 2016

Dealing with Failed Logins on Your WordPress


Many alarm themselves when they notice failed logins on their WordPress websites and blogs. On the other hand, security and tech savvy people do not bother much about failed login attempts; stating that it is the norm. Does your WordPress website receive a lot of failed login attempts and are they something you should be worried about? Should you do anything about it? In this article I am going to explain why your WordPress get such attacks and what you should do about them.
There Are Many Failed Login Attempts on Your WordPress
Those who install a WordPress audit trail plugin on their WordPress are typically surprised by the number of failed login attempts their WordPress websites get. Below is a post from the WP Security Audit Log plugin support forum that sums up what many WordPress administrators might think:
Does this plugin really work?
The audit log shows my blog gets so many failed log attempts from various countries like Ukraine, Russia, Vietnam, China etc.. almost everyday. I am not sure why so many people want to hack my small site. It doesn’t even have many contents. I don’t even make any profit from my site as I don’t have any ad or anything. so why my
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/13896/dealing-with-failed-logins-on-your-wordpress




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/dealing-with-failed-logins-on-your-wordpress/

No comments:

Post a Comment