Wednesday 24 May 2017

Learning JavaScript Through Game Building: Let’s Play Yahtzee!


Recently, I shared some of my thoughts about what I wish I had known when I first started developing. The time came to take some of my own advice and put it into practice. I’m trying to level up my front-end developer skills, and I needed to improve upon my JavaScript skills. I signed up for a free trial at Treehouse and jumped into learning JavaScript. Right off the bat, I was super encouraged. Professionally, I haven’t done anything in JavaScript. We have experts on our team and they handle our JavaScript work. Yet when I stepped into the courses, I was surprised by how much I knew. I found myself pausing the tutorials, working ahead to execute what I knew they were about to show me, and then let them confirm that I did things correctly. This was a huge affirmation to me that even though I had not been actively learning this language, broadening my foundation paid off and I was a lot faster, more accurate, and more understanding of the material than I expected.
The course starts with the JavaScript basics. My abilities were beyond that, so I could have opted to skip ahead, but I didn’t (and I’m glad). There were a few holes in my understanding that were filled
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15196/learning-javascript-through-game-building-let-s-play-yahtzee




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/learning-javascript-through-game-building-lets-play-yahtzee/

No comments:

Post a Comment