Thursday 25 May 2017

Narrowing WordPress Search


Narrowing WordPress Search One thing you should know about me is that while I’m pretty savvy when it comes to building things for the web today, I’m still pretty new to it. I spent my childhood building theme parks in Roller Coaster Tycoon, not Flash games for Newgrounds.
Rather, I gravitated toward web development during the final year of college and because of that, I am a bit of a superstitious developer.
That is, I tend to fall into the trap of thinking any code I don’t understand backwards and forwards must be written with black magic. In particular, the PHP function sprintf held sway over my soul for quite some time before I bothered to learn what it did.
It’s my belief that there are a lot of developers like me out there, with the mindset of: “This thing works pretty well without me learning about it, so I’ll just leave it alone.”
What I’ve found is that as soon as I take a good look at an intimidating piece of code, it starts to make sense. But instead of learning from that, I go and get petrified over some other piece of code the very next week.
If you get nothing else from this article, remember this: don’t be a superstitious
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15203/narrowing-wordpress-search




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/narrowing-wordpress-search/

No comments:

Post a Comment