Friday 19 May 2017

Transparency Report #27 – Stop Building New WordPress Themes?


Welcome to the 27th edition of the monthly transparency report (for April 2017). This series is all about what’s been going on at CodeinWP and ThemeIsle that relates to the business side of things. I try to talk about new products, marketing plans, the team, and everything else that is relevant (and fun). Click here to see the previous reports. WordPress themes are the core of our business. This should come as no surprise, right? However, lately, I’ve started questioning the future of themes in the WordPress ecosystem as a whole. And I don’t just mean the future of the themes department in our house, but the future of themes overall.
This is the kind of stuff I’ve been pondering for the bigger part of last month. But it all started with our own backyard:
When Zerif Lite got suspended from the official repository a while ago (I know, I’ve been talking about this for what seems like ages, sorry; but it’s still relevant) causing our themes-related revenue to drop two-fold, it’s when I started to question and improve our theme development process more seriously. However, it seemed that whenever I came up with a sensible plan, some WordPress.org
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15159/transparency-report-27-stop-building-new-wordpress-themes




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/05/19/transparency-report-27-stop-building-new-wordpress-themes/

No comments:

Post a Comment