Tuesday 21 February 2017

Automating Local WordPress Site Setup with Scripts Part 3


In my last post in the Automating Local WordPress Setup series, I created a WP-CLI package for quickly installing and uninstalling WordPress. I’ve been using this package for a while now, and have been itching to make it more useful for a typical development workflow. I recently switched from using a single virtual host to hold all of my development sites in subdirectories (i.e. http://localhost/example) to using a dedicated virtual host for each development site. There are several advantages to having it setup this way, but I had been using subdirectories to avoid having to manually manage each virtual host.
I also still catch myself doing things that I know should be automated. Things like deleting unnecessary data, removing the default themes/plugins, and installing new plugins, are things that can be automated to make development easier. In this post we’re going to take a look at some ways to make all that possible.
Working with Virtual Hosts
If you’re not using them already, there are two main reasons for switching to virtual hosts for local development:
You can have a different environment for each host, with each site running a different version of PHP
The URLs
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14433/automating-local-wordpress-site-setup-with-scripts-part-3




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/automating-local-wordpress-site-setup-with-scripts-part-3/

No comments:

Post a Comment