Monday 20 February 2017

Interview with Sallie Goetsch of WP Fangirl


You can find Sallie on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with her, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
I’m actually a classicist: I spent 5 years not getting a PhD in Greek and Latin language and literature. That’s how I came to build my first website, too. My specialty was ancient theater in modern performance. It’s a small field; practically everyone who does it knows everyone else. In 1993, with the help of a couple of colleagues, I started an online journal about the subject (reviews, listings, articles), published by FTP and Gopher. In 1994, someone showed me the World Wide Web. I found a Teach Yourself HTML book and got started. That publication would have been perfect for WordPress, but this was the “Uphill both ways barefoot in the snow” days of web development. There was no such thing as a content management system. (Didaskalia (www.didaskalia.net) still exists, but alas, it’s still not on WordPress.)
At the end of 1998 I moved back to the US after four years in England and retired from teaching. I spent about 18 months just regaining my health
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14424/interview-with-sallie-goetsch-of-wp-fangirl




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/interview-with-sallie-goetsch-of-wp-fangirl/

No comments:

Post a Comment