Thursday 16 February 2017

How Many WordPress Plugins is Too Many? The Answer Might Surprise You


If you’ve used WordPress for a while, I’m sure someone has told you that you “shouldn’t use too many plugins”. It’s obvious – using too many plugins will slow your WordPress site down, right? But is that actually true? I mean, people tell me I shouldn’t swim after eating, but I’ve done that my whole life and I’m still alive and kicking! So is the common knowledge that “too many plugins is bad” good for WordPress?
In this post, I’m going to attempt to answer that question. So, if your admin sidebar is bursting at the seams with links to plugin settings pages, join me on this adventure into the world of plugin collecting.
Is Having Lots of Plugins Always Bad?
Let’s start at the beginning. I’m not a developer, but in my reading, I’m fairly certain that I’m accurate in saying that there’s nothing inherently wrong with having lots of plugins.
I mean, I remember reading somewhere that Pippin Williamson has over 80 plugins running on some of his sites! Pippin knows a thing or two about plugins, so I’m going to trust him on this one.
In a perfect world populated with perfect developers,
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14409/how-many-wordpress-plugins-is-too-many-the-answer-might-surprise-you




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/02/16/how-many-wordpress-plugins-is-too-many-the-answer-might-surprise-you/

No comments:

Post a Comment