Wednesday 22 February 2017

Five Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I Learned to Code


I haven’t been in the software development industry for loads of time, but thanks to some amazing people who championed my growth, I slingshotted in quicker than some other peers who did it all on their own. (Props to you individuals, by the way, that wrestled it all out by yourself–you are unstoppable!) After thinking a bit about my experience I came up with five things I wish I had known when I started developing:
1. It’s 100% normal to feel like you’re drowning
I stumbled my way into coding; it initially started as a hobby.
At first, everything was bite-sized and easy. I was blissfully unaware of how little I knew. Once that bubble popped, my lack of knowledge was overwhelming. Everywhere I turned there was something I could not do.
I remember the first time I tried poking around in the Codex. I ran away thirty seconds later because it all seemed like Greek! I literally did not have the capacity or supporting framework to “get it.” I wish I had known in advance how often it would feel like drowning and that it was fine.
2. Just Keep Learning, Just Keep Learning
Go after all the low hanging fruit that you can. It might seem like a waste of time
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14440/five-things-i-wish-someone-told-me-when-i-learned-to-code




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/02/22/five-things-i-wish-someone-told-me-when-i-learned-to-code/

No comments:

Post a Comment