Tuesday 24 April 2018

The first time our remote team ever met in real life


WP Buffs is a distributed company. That means we all work from different cities, different states, and even different countries. We hop on a secure WiFi connection and use tools like Teamwork and ManageWP to work from wherever we live or from our travel destinations to help our clients increase their site speeds and improve their site security — among other things. I’m in Washington, DC, but people check in every day from New York, Florida, Kentucky, California, and the Philippines.
But for the first time at WordCamp Miami this year, 3 members of our team got the chance to come together and meet not just via video chat, but IRL.
Nick was coming in from Rochester, New York and by pure coincidence, he was flying through DC and was on the same flight as me.
When my Lyft dropped me at the airport, I was admittedly a bit nervous. I really felt like Nick and I had gotten along great the last 6 months we’d been working together, but there was still a tiny sliver of my brain that was asking that question…
What if you don’t get along in real life?
That voice in my head immediately evaporated when we met at the gate. One big bear huge and that was that.
We flew
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17356/the-first-time-our-remote-team-ever-met-in-real-life



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/04/24/the-first-time-our-remote-team-ever-met-in-real-life/

No comments:

Post a Comment