Tuesday 23 October 2018

Advanced Custom Fields: The Hero WordPress Needs Right Now, but Not the One It Deserves


I’ve been a fan of Advanced Custom Fields for a long time now, using it on pretty much every site I’ve built or worked on for the last 5 years. If you’re unfamiliar, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) is a WordPress plugin that gives you much greater control of your WordPress content, utilizing custom post meta to enrich the content with structured data. It allows you to build and configure different types of data fields that will appear in meta boxes when your content editors update posts, pages, or custom post types (and much more).
This week I started to use the plugin for something we’re doing with deliciousbrains.com and, after seeing a recent ACF blog post, I took a step back and started to realize just how important ACF has been and still is for WordPress and WordPress developers – even with and especially because of the upcoming arrival of Gutenberg. Let me explain.
How Advanced Custom Fields Works
It took me a while to get my head around what it actually does, so I’ll just show you a quick example. I’ve used it on a dog rescue charity site, where the volunteers add new dogs which need to be rehomed, as a custom post type. However, apart from
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18009/advanced-custom-fields-the-hero-wordpress-needs-right-now-but-not-the-one-it-deserves



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/advanced-custom-fields-the-hero-wordpress-needs-right-now-but-not-the-one-it-deserves/

No comments:

Post a Comment