Thursday 18 October 2018

Being Shot Down Because of Accessibility Needs Should Not Be Expected


Disclaimer: This post is written by me, and it’s based on my opinion only. Don’t just assume that everyone in my situation feels the same. Ask them how they personally feel instead. —
Being deaf/hard of hearing means that there are certain information that I struggle to have access to.
Since my business (and let’s face it, my personal life) revolves around being online, having the likes of accurate subtitles/captions and good quality audio is essential for me in order for me to be able to consume video/audio-based content.
Too many times have I had to cancel listening to podcasts or watching videos within seconds after starting because of terrible audio or lack of captions or transcripts.
And don’t even get me started with cinemas. I’ve wasted hundreds of pounds to be at the end of a poor experience due to lack of captioned films available.
Hence why I don’t bother watching any more comic-book related movies, much to my disappointments:
The thing is, I’m like a sponge. I just want to soak up and learn as much as possible. I’m a huge believer of constantly learning in order to grow as a person and to grow my business.
Always Be Learning:
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17994/being-shot-down-because-of-accessibility-needs-should-not-be-expected



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/10/18/being-shot-down-because-of-accessibility-needs-should-not-be-expected/

No comments:

Post a Comment